More than just a salary...
It's true. Working at Silver Star is all about experiencing our amazing mountain lifestyle; enjoying the outdoors, meeting new people, going new places and trying new things. So, along with your regular pay we provide a variety of free activities, employee discounts and cool incentives to help make your winter here one you won't forget.
The list is long but some of what people love about working at Silver Star includes:
- Free Season Pass - Alpine Skiing & Snowboarding, Cross Country Skiing, Snow Tubing, Ice Skating, Snowshoeing are all included in your season pass. Coming for summer? Your season pass will include the bike chair & scenic chair lift access.
- Free Snowsport School Lessons - Last season Silver Star staff were allowed to join Snowsports School group lessons free of charge. Private lessons were also offered at 50% off. We hope to bring this back this season as well.
- Restaurant & Retails Discounts - Nothing is full price for our staff at Silver Star owned restaurants and retail outlets. Show your staff pass and get discounts on everything. We also have special staff sales early in the season to help you get outfitted for riding.
- Rental Discounts - If you want to try something new but don't want to buy a full kit, staff rentals are a cheap way to try some of the interesting winter activities at Silver Star.
- Ski Trips to other Resorts - Think you're missing out on what other hills offer? Never fear! Last season we organized multiple trips to resorts like Revelstoke, Big White, Apex and others to let you play on different terrain and see new places. The cost? Lift tickets were free of charge, and we just asked for a small contribution to pay for the bus.
And so much more... we'll teach you how to play hockey (or even just how to skate) at free clinics so you can be ready to play in our outdoor ice-hockey league. Need an indoor option? We have the first ski-in/ski-out 10-pin bowling alley. From drinks nights, to special dinners and breakfasts served to you by our management team, we'll do our best to keep a smile on your face, and leave cash in your wallet.